On sale now at Authorhouse.com and Barnes and Nobel.com, Little Bird Dog and the Big Ship: Book One in the children’s series, Heroes of the Vietnam War. Buy this amazing, one of a kind piece of children’s literature today.
September 4, 2012
There was no cussing, no nudity, no mention of things that were once unmentionable like contraceptives, abortion, teen sex and homosexual lifestyles. The Republican women were strong yet ladylike. The men were forceful yet measured and tactful. The crowd was as happy as the studio audience at The Ed Sullivan Show.
Empty Chair, the president formerly known as Barack Hussein Obama, purports that the GOP Convention in Tampa was “better suited for the last century.” Hey Joe Biden, that would be the 20th Century, not the 19th Century. Ol’ mister upholstery pants also said, “It was a rerun. We’d seen it before. You might as well have watched it on a black-and-white TV.” Well, he’s right. There is an uncanny resemblance between Mitt Romney and Ward Cleaver, as well as Ann Romney with June. The entire GOP convention looked like Tuesday night’s TV Guide line up ala 1958. There was no cussing, no nudity, no mention of things that were once unmentionable like contraceptives, abortion, teen sex and homosexual lifestyles. The Republican women were strong yet ladylike. The men were forceful yet measured and tactful. The crowd was as happy as the studio audience at The Ed Sullivan Show. Empty Chair has, for once, spoken a truth that goes much deeper than he ccould even begin to fathom.
Let’s do a little compare and contrast exercise and see why going back to the era of “black and white TV” might not be such a bad thing.
In 1958 (the International Geophysical Year) we had:
- Fabulous fin cars: The Chevy Belair, The Ford Fairlane, The Plymouth Fury
- NASA was established one year after the Russians put Sputnik into orbit around the earth
- The United States Navy formed its atomic submarine division
- The United States performed nuclear surface and atmospheric tests at Bikini Atoll, Enewetak, and in Nevada
- The F-4 Phantom completed its first flight
- The US Atomic Submarine Nautilus makes its first dive under the North Pole
The top TV shows were:
- Father Knows Best
- Make Room for Daddy
- The Phil Silvers Show
The top of the pop-charts included:
- Johnny B. Goode–Chuck Berry
- Summertime Blues–Eddie Cochran
- Good Golly Miss Molly–Little Richard
- La Bamba–Richie Valens
This is what we got during the Empty Chair years:
- The Chevy Volt courtesy of Government Motors and subsidized by the American taxpayer
- NASA was drastically downsized and given the task of “Muslim outreach”
- Obama cuts dozens of Military programs including missile defense, the Virginia class submarine fleet, the Osprey, and the strategic and tactical nuclear arsenal, to name a few
- Nuclear and coal power plants are taken offline during a time of exploding energy costs and high demand
The top TV shows are:
- Jersey Shore
- Bill Maher
- Rachel Maddow
The top of the pop charts includes:
- How Many Licks?–Lil Kim
- Put it in Your Mouth–Akinyele
- Born This Way–Lady Gaga
- Hooker on a Street Corner--Lady Gaga
These are just a few examples of everyday things that were once palatable and healthy to the American family, which now present stressful and toxic challenges. Much has changed since television was broadcast in black and white. The attack on the family began prior to 1958, but its cumulative effects are painfully evident in 2012. It’s ironic, however, that Barack Hussein Obama would make such a derisive reference to a time in America that, though imperfect, yielded healthier families and more resilient and self-reliant individuals. It is ironic because the election of Barack Hussein Obama is less a statement about the man represented by an empty chair than it is a symptom of America’s faltering sense of purpose and history, and its failing institutions.
by Marjorie Haun 9/4/12
Tags: 1950s TV, 20th Century, Barack Empty Chair Obama, Bikini Atoll, Black and White TV, Christine, Families, fin cars, International Geophysical Year, Joe Biden, NASA, Plymouth Fury