June 27, 2012
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” *Ronald Reagan*
We are living in a time of governmental and cultural crisis. The Constitution is under assault, its precepts and power questioned and altered by the very men and women sworn to uphold and protect it. The elected executive, Barack Obama, is more of a King than a President, leveraging his power to grow the Federal government in ways that are unconstitutional and immoral.
With the 236th anniversary of the signing of The Declaration of Independence upon us it would be good to review this document. Americans need to recall the burdens placed upon the Colonies by an injurious and mad King, and why such abuses had to be thrown off so that human freedom and self-determination could be realized in its fullness. The History of repeated Injuries and Usurpations of our current president, who tends towards tyranny, is not unlike those which the Founding Fathers and Patriot colonists enumerated as the justification for declaring independence from their mother country and oppressor.
He has forbidden his Governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
- The Governor of Arizona, Jan Brewer, in the spring of 2010, signed an immigration law which was a reasonable step in addressing the pressing matter of illegal immigration into her state. The law was supported by her legislative bodies and the majority of citizens in Arizona. Sixteen months later the Obama Justice Department filed suit against the state of Arizona to prevent the law from being implemented.
- The Obama Administration has used the courts to prevent the implementation of numerous efforts by the states to purge ineligible voters from their rolls, and to enforce federal immigration law.
- In 2012 Governor Scott Walker was elected in Wisconsin to get that state’s spending under control and to rein in the budget busting pensions and benefits paid to public sector union employees. Obama used his presidential clout and the force of tax-payer funded, public-sector unions to fight against politicians duly elected by the people of individual states, and to impede the legislative changes those politicians were elected to effect, as in the case of Governor Walker.
He has called together Legislative Bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
- Throughout the latter months of 2009, and Winter of 2010, Barack Obama, and a majority Democrat Congress, pressed upon the minds of Americans the necessity of government-run healthcare. The usurpation of the greatest medical system in the world by the Obama administration was rejected by a sound majority of the electorate. Despite the reasoned arguments against Obamacare, the rallies, and the resounding protestations of the American people, the House and the Senate, in a series of midnight votes and opaque maneuverings, passed the bill that would socialize the very care of our bodies, despite the lack of consent of the governed.
He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.
- Almost immediately Barack Obama started to appoint “czars” to populate obscure and newly invented offices in his administration. Within 2 years he had appointed 41 so-called czars. These un-elected authorities claim executive and regulatory powers without the checks and balances of congressional and judicial oversight, and without the accountability of a constituency.
- “Czars” and other un-elected heads of agencies will join the swarms of bureaucrats required to administer Obamacare, along with the 16 thousand new IRS agents who will be needed to enforce its compliance.
- Obamacare alone will create 150 new federal agencies. Untold new agencies costing billions to the taxpayer and having an untold financial impact on private wealth have been implemented to regulate every sector of American life from the amount of dust stirred up in farming operations, to how much energy your clothes dryer can use.
- In a frightening trend the Obama Administration has unleashed a level of police power within the federal agencies that has intimidated and terrorized small businesses and private property owners like never before.
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.
- In March of 2011 Barack Obama announced his intent to aid NATO in military actions in Libya to purportedly “protect rebels and civilians” from the Gadhafi regime. This decision was made unilaterally on his part. The House of Representatives has called into question his constitutional authority in such a decision to participate in a war when no declaration of hostilities has been made and there is no present threat to our national security. Despite Congress’ opposition to his violation of the War Powers Act, and the disapproval of a majority of Americans, Obama continues to insist that he has the authority to conduct war unilaterally, rendering the military independent of congressional direction.
He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our Laws: giving his assent to the acts of pretended legislation.
- President Obama in September of 2009, gave a speech at the United Nations Climate Summit in which he pledged to make the United States of American accountable to the authority of the UN regarding “climate change” initiatives.
- He has cooperated with the United Nations in the implementation of Agenda 21, the global “sustainability” initiative that, if implemented, would cede American lands and waters over to an international body of planners.
- Obama has favored foreign nations such as Brazil with his energy policy. His operational style has been to subsidize other nations in their energy exploration and development, while simultaneously suppressing domestic energy production.
For imposing taxes on us without our consent:
- As of spring 2010, Barack Obama had signed into law some $670 billion dollars in various tax increases. He continues today to push for higher and higher taxes on what he calls “millionaires and billionaires,” which is his euphemism for small business owners. His current budget proposal contains another 15 major new tax increases which would further harm the middle class and drive unemployment. His administration even goes so far as to defend the penalties and fees, under Obamacare, levied against those who refuse to purchase a medical insurance plan, as a tax, which they believe, will shield them from the constitutional restraints of the commerce clause.
- As of May 2012, Obama continued to push for significant increases in the capital gains tax rate.
- “Taxmageddon,” the devastating upswing in across-the-board tax rates, will hit Americans hard if the Bush tax cuts are not extended. Barack Obama has always opposed the Bush tax cuts as being “subsidies for the rich.”
For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable laws, and altering fundamentally the forms of our governments.
- “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” is one of many Obama casualties in the war his administration has waged against the established laws that protect all aspects of American life. He unilaterally repealed the law that prevents from gay and lesbian serviceman and women, from displaying their sex preferences openly while in the military. Though the repeal has yet to be fully implemented, Obama’s action is highly unpopular among members of the military as well as most civilians. Barak Obama has tried to appease his radical base by announcing that his Justice Department would not defend the “Defense of Marriage Act,” which is a law regarded as highly popular and necessary to establish order and uniformity in the federal government regarding the constitution of marriage. His refusal to defend DOMA is yet another insulting attack upon a valuable law passed by the representatives of the Republic.
- Obama’s attack on states such as Arizona and Florida for their addressing, through legislation or legal directives, problems such as illegal immigration and voter fraud are examples of an attempt on his part to destroy the Federalist model of government. Barack Obama targets any state that defies his Administration’s irrational policies on everything from agriculture to education. He uses the power of government agencies, such as the Department of Homeland Security to punish these states in an attempt to force them under the umbrella of federal control and management.
He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian savages, whose known rule of warfare is an undistinguished destruction, of all ages, sexes and conditions.
- There are no “Indian Savages,” and that racist epithet was applicable only in instances specific to Colonial times and events. Nevertheless, Barack Obama and his administration have favored individuals, organizations, and movements which are destructive to the Rule of Law, and essentially anti-American. His Justice Department attempted to give terrorist operatives, whose singular goal is the destruction of America and the death of its people, civil rights equal to those of citizens by allowing them to be tried for their war atrocities in civil courts. It has been only through a massive push-back from lawmakers and citizens that Attorney General, Eric Holder, has put this plan on hold. Obama has repeatedly voiced his support for the waves of criminal aliens infiltrating the country through our border with Mexico, and refuses to enforce federal illegal immigration laws. Opposition from the Left, and in some instances violence, towards state officials has been inflamed through Obama’s rhetoric. He has encouraged unions and other organizations to fight against duly elected governors and legislators as they have attempted to address local issues through orderly and lawful processes. The most egregious example of Obama’s excitation of domestic insurrection is the abnegation of the Holder Justice department to defend the civil rights of citizens in a Pennsylvania voting precinct where members of the Black Panthers overtly intimidated and the threatened them, forming a sort of blockade to the entrance of the polling place.
- The Obama Administration and Democrats in Congress have openly supported the Occupy Movement. Occupy is a subversive, often violent, movement orchestrated by radical leftists such as Lisa Fithian, Medea Benjamin, SEIU, and other radical socialist organizations. The greatest destructive impact of the Occupy Movement has been to small business owners and private property.
Barak Obama is not a King, but his actions are that of a tyrant. Our American primogenitors, during the torrid summer of 1776, understood the stakes of their gamble with the lives and liberty of the Colonists. During this coming week of celebration and reflection in 2012, the stakes for us are just as high. We must throw off the oversized and oppressive government of Barack Obama and the Left. And we must do it through argument, reason, and the public articulation of the principles of liberty. We will wage a war of words and images, exposing corrupt and entrenched autocrats for what they are. And we must do so with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, mutually pledging to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.
By Marjorie Haun 6/27/12