May 8, 2015
Mitt Romney, though an imperfect candidate with a mixed history, would not have allowed (through intent, mismanagement, neglect, and malice, as on the part of Barack Obama), the Middle East to become a chaotic, dangerous, bloody mess, and the American economic system to teeter on the verge of collapse.
If you opted NOT to vote for Mitt Romney in 2012 because he’s Mormon, or was too “moderate” as the governor of Massachusetts, I want to ask if you are now prepared to set aside your prejudices and unite with various factions of the Republican Party in order to win the White House in 2016?
Ask yourselves, if Romney had been elected in 2012 would…
- …ISIS have taken over large regions in Iraq and Syria, and be spreading into other areas of the Middle East in a genocidal crusade against civilization?
- …we be negotiating with Iran to form a treaty that will legitimize and facilitate their creation of nuclear weapons program that will threaten the existence of Israel, and create a 21st nuclear arms race between Muslim nations in the Middle East?
- …Christians be persecuted, driven from their homes, and murdered by the thousands by rogue jihadi groups from Iraq to Africa?
- …massive waves of illegal aliens from Mexico, Central America, African nations, and other unstable countries across the globe, introducing disease, terrorism, and millions of potential government dependents, be surging across our southern border?
- …cities like Ferguson and Baltimore be in the process of ruination caused by riots and vandalism engendered by race hustlers like Al Sharpton and Eric Holder?
- …legitimate journalists like Sharyl Attkisson and James Rosen be the targets of minions in the Administration and the Department of Justice, who want to shut them down and punish them for exercising their rights to free speech?
- …medical costs soar and treatment options decrease under the socialized medical program called Obamacare?
- …the IRS get away with targeting conservative and TEA Party organizations?
- …92,000,000 Americans be non-participants in the workforce?
- …nearly half of Americans be receiving some kind of government assistance?
- …we have a national debt that is continuing to skyrocket, and is currently over $18,ooo,ooo,ooo,ooo?
- …we have an out-of-control NSA spying on countless billions of phone calls and emails transmitted by ordinary Americans?
- …the Veteran’s Administration be in an utter shambles, cheating thousands of wounded heroes out of their deserved benefits and medical treatment?
- …hundreds of executive actions designed to sidestep the rule of law and implement a radical progressive agenda be enacted?
- …incompetence and corruption in our federal agencies, from the Secret Service to the State Department, be the status quo?
- …65% of Americans believe the country is headed down the toilet?
Folks, the list of disasters that have occurred under the direction of the Obama Administration is too long to detail here. But you get my point; Mitt Romney, though an imperfect candidate with a mixed history, would not have allowed (through intent, mismanagement, neglect, and malice, as on the part of Barack Obama), the Middle East to become a chaotic, dangerous, bloody mess, and the American economic system to teeter on the verge of collapse.
Perhaps NOT voting for Romney was a sort of revenge against the Establishment GOP. Perhaps it was drawing the line in the sand against a Mormon as the leader of the nation. Those matters are up for debate. What is not up for debate is the fact that when disgruntled Conservatives, harboring irrational prejudices, refuse to engage in the process because they don’t have what they believe is the perfect candidate, America suffers, the world suffers, and the future becomes very dubious and bleak for our children.
I hope and pray that for the future of free people and free nations, that a lesson has been learned, and 2012 will not be repeated.
by Marjorie Haun 5/8/15