March 1, 2013
“America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within.”–Josef Stalin
Have you read the transcript of the “Communist Goals” submitted into the Congressional Record on January 10, 1963? Forty-nine years ago these stated goals of the Communist Party, gleaned through the rigorous research of Cleon Skousen, were divulged to the United States Congress in an effort to alert the nation to the dangers of Communism and the conspiratorial plans to implement those goals in every aspect of western culture. We are approaching the anniversary of the day when Americans, civilians and officials alike, missed the last, best opportunity to reject the influence of Marxism in our country.
That which once seemed like madness has come together in a dark mural of conspiracy and deception. Trusting, optimistic Americans have for decades, been Lenin’s “useful idiots,” manipulated into the incremental and willing implementation of Communism into American life. The “conspiracy theorists,” warned us and we comforted ourselves with the thought, ‘this will never happen in America.’ But it has, and save for some of the arcane missives referring to weapons systems in the list, theses goals have been largely met and the window of opportunity to save our Constitution and the Liberties it defends is fast closing. Either we rise up against the Socialists in our government, the dictatorial Executive Branch, and the post-constitutional Judiciary and win our country back now, or we lose it forever.
The following was entered into the Congressional record by Albert Herlong, Jr. (a Floridian who served in Congress from 1949-69) in 1963.
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
- 1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
- 2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
- 3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament (by) the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
- 4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
- 5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
- 6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
- 7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
- 8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
- 9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
- 10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
- 11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
- 12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
- 13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
- 14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
- 15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
- 16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
- 17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
- 18. Gain control of all student newspapers
- 19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs of organizations which are under Communist attack.
- 20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
- 21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
- 22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
- 23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
- 24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
- 25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
- 26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
- 27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
- 28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
- 29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
- 30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
- 31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the grounds that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
- 32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
- 33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
- 34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
- 35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
- 36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
- 37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
- 38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand (or treat).
- 39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
- 40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
- 41. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use united force to solve economic, political or social problems.
- 43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
- 44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
- 45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.
We can still educate our friends and neighbors about the dark consequences of Socialism. As decrepit regimes, from Communist China to Castro’s Cuba–currently undergoing a reformation by Raoul Castro–abandon their hard-line totalitarian governments, the United States of America is trending daily towards what everyone with a memory knows is certain economic and social destruction. Barack Obama was mentored by Communist philosopher and writer, Frank Marshall Davis. Barack Obama believes he has been elected to complete the work of his Communist forefathers.
by Marjorie Haun 3/1/13